Television advertising is a promising industry that has changed continuously throughout history due to the rapid growth of digital capabilities. To successfully launch an advertising company, first, one must choose the right place to broadcast the commercial. The best platform for such products has always been the major television stations because they can bring millions of viewers with different preferences to the screens.
Programmatic tv advertising is a qualitatively new way to identify the target audience. It allows ad creators to quickly and accurately determine the most profitable location for their product.
Table of Content
What does Programmatic TV give us?
Programmatic TV is based on automatic analysis of purchased advertising. Such methods allow industry workers to get more tangible results without serious investment and labor costs.
Programmatic television contributes to:
- more accurate definition of the target audience;
- increasing the popularity of the product offered;
- increasing the value and relevance of the information;
- developing effective marketing plans;
- expanding the company’s profits.
The described strategy is rapidly replacing traditional cable TV advertising since it is more targeted at the end consumer and also allows the process of getting the benefit of the ads being absorbed as quickly as possible. Finally, such television will let viewers choose their own time and device to view the content offered.
Peculiarities of the evolution of television advertising
Changes in television advertising today are primarily concerned with the profitability of scaling services and the purchase and placement of advertising products. As a result of personalization, created videos find their consumers faster.
Five basic approaches help make television advertising more effective. The marketer needs to:
- Create attributes that depend on the preferences of the intended audience.
- Participate in ongoing online bidding where profitable advertising platforms are offered or sold.
- Apply pre-selected, effective methods to draw the correct conclusions about advertising consumers.
- Determine the effectiveness of a promotional product according to generally accepted criteria.
- Customize and improve personal projects to meet current requirements.
To create a more effective business model, marketing professionals can use PTV to analyze their target audience and optimize their advertising products.
What can programmatic advertising do?
The main advantage of Programmatic TV is the greater reach of viewers with the help of special platforms that use automated advertising content. Among the most popular services today are the following:
- Linear digital TV – a type of advertising content that can be played with Comcast-supported devices or Time Warner;
- VOD clips designed for use in streaming platforms Disney+, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.;
- Today’s platforms that transmit their programs exclusively through online services (CTV) include Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, etc.
Targeted advertising allows one to deliver content of interest only to a specific viewer and also helps improve the marketing strategies used.
Principles of Addressable Television
These television platforms focus on specific consumers rather than on television programs. The good thing about Programmatic TV is that viewers watching the same programs access completely different advertising through carefully targeted broadcasts.
It is necessary to perform several tasks to organize the work of such a television properly:
- Determine the audience of consumers of promotional videos based on the analysis of marketing information.
- Ensure confidentiality of data on viewer preferences.
- Conduct an advertising campaign and analyze its success.
Today, companies involved in projects to develop this new direction predict its total return on investment and extremely high economic efficiency.